Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Few Quick Words on Vulgar Antinatalism

It is about time to draw a distinction between philanthropic ANs and what I'll call vulgar ANs. The difference is that while P-ANs compare a world with people to a world without people, V-ANs, ridiculously enough, compare an existent person to(get ready to laugh) a non-existent person! We can see what's wrong with this in a simple joke example. Let's say me and an P-AN are discussing whether a room would look better with, or without a chair. The P-AN declares that the room would be better without a chair, while I insist the chair is best in the room. Then the V-AN comes in and declares that the room is better when the chair is a nothing-chair, and that furthermore, the room is FILLED with nothing-chairs!. Substitute the V-AN saying the nothing-chair would look better in a nothing-room where it goes nicely with the nothing-rug if you so wish.

Now I confess, I initially confused P-ANs and V-ANs but the esteemed Francois Tremblay pointed out my error, and assured me that he, and other ANs believed in P-AN. Unfortunately I have found that Ano Nym of the Phillip Mainlander blog going around in AN circles and one of my commenters are both V-ANs so I felt the need to come up with a quick debunking of this ridiculous position. After this, you can be sure all my blog posts will be aimed at the other variety of AN I have identified, who have intelligent, coherent positions, that are worth debunking. Chip Smith's brave refusal to apologize for his reading habits increased my respect for M-ANs by leaps and bounds, as it should for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment