Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Misanthropic Antinatalism

Misanthropic Antinatalism is probably the AN contingent with the largest internet following. Misanthropic antinatalism is, true to it's name based on a deep contempt for humanity. But the most important thing to remember is that MA is not so much a philosophy as a set of strategies for the annihilation of the human race.

I confess that I was initially confused by MAs. Why, if they cared about suffering, as they said they did, did they react so angrily to people who were not suffering or at least claimed to not suffer? Why, if they claimed to hate humanity so much, did they want humanity to stop suffering in a state of nonexistence? But in a flash of inspiration, it all became clear to me: Misanthropic Antinatalists do not actually think existence is basically bad.

Once this is accepted the MA "strategy" become clear. Misanthropic Antinatalists believe the world is basically good, so they are attempting to usher humanity off it by

A: Spouting miserabilist rhetoric(none of which, let's be clear, they actually believe) in order to make humans as miserable as possible.

B: Making happiness seem to be an ethical violation, to take people's motives to stick around.

C: Actively making things worse by refusing to do anything to improve the state of the world and humanity's place in it( a tactic I will call antinatalist accelerationism)

Now that I have blown the doors wide open on Misanthropic Antinatalism, I can only expect some rather harsh denials will follow, but I will take all these denials as proof that I have hit upon at least unconscious motives amongst MAs.

Next up: a piece on those wacky postmodern libertarians, reactionary antinatalists. Sadly because RA blogs long ago started deleting my comments, I will be unable to get any RAs to come over here and engage with me, unless some helpful reader is able to do it.(hint hint)


2 comments:

  1. WTF is a "reactionary antinatalist"? You're just getting stupider and stupider with every post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An antinatalist who takes reactionary positions, like Chip Smith or Sister Y do. These positions are clearly articulated on twitter, so I suggest you hear there for more information, or read my upcoming post!

      Delete